Locate Cardiovascular Technician, Cardiovascular Tech Schools, Training, Jobs, and Careers
What is a Cardiovascular Technician?
As we age, our body parts begin to slow down. There is no more evidence of that than the heart and blood vessels. This is what leads to strokes and heart attacks.
This is why we have cardiovascular technicians. These technicians work with doctors and cardiologists to do diagnostic and therapeutic examination of the heart and blood vessels. In the process of performing their job, they will do such things as:
1. Explain the diagnostic procedure to the patient
2. Obtain the medical history of the patient to gain understanding of what may impact the procedure
3. Prepare the patient for the diagnostic by cleaning and shaving the areas of the skin that will be tested
4. Determine and calibrate the equipments and machines for the test
5. Monitor the patients vital signs, like blood pressure and heart rate, during test
6. Adjust the patient’s position during test based on feedback
7. Respond to emergency that may result form the diagnosis
8. Update and keep patients’ medical records
9. Maintain the diagnostic equipments, machines, and devices
Cardiovascular technicians are sometimes confused with cardiovascular technologists. The difference is the level of education and work done. The technologist is trained to do more than the technician.
How to Become a Cardiovascular Technician:
The first step to becoming a cardio tech is to obtain your high school diploma or GED. You should take courses in biology, chemistry, computer science, etc. After you meet the above requirement, you then need to apply to a cardiology technology school.
A cardiology technician program will take you from 12 to 24 months to complete. The length of time will depend on if you are getting a certificate or an associate degree. You should expect to take such courses as:
a. EKG Theory
b. EKG Practicec. Medical Terminology
d. Human Anatomy
e. Human Physiology
f. Blood Borne Pathogens
g. Noninvasive Vascular Technology
This is one of those medical assistant careers where certification is not mandatory. Some states and places where you will work will require that you be certified while others will not. We encourage you to be certified. This will make gaining employment a lot easier.
You can get certification through the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). You can also get certification through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
Cardiovascular Technician Salary:
Those that want to become cardio technicians can look forward to a rewarding salary. The average salary is $32,000 per year FROM research on Indeed.com. We have seen salaries as high as $56,000 per year. This will depend on your location, experience, and level of responsibility.
Cardiovascular Technician School:
There are not a lot of schools that offer cardiovascular technician program. As always, we got you covered! You need to go here to find the school in your area.
Just click this link to find the school that best meets your needs.
Medical Assistants Schools and Careers