Find Patient Care Technician, Patient Care Tech Schools, Training, Jobs, and Careers
What is a Patient Care Technician?
There is so much involved in the care of a patient. It can be too much for the doctors and nurses. This is why they need patient care technicians to help them.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) helps patients with the things they can not do for themselves while they are admitted in a health care facility. They will do such things as:
1. Taking care of patient personal needs such as bathing, dressing, and grooming
2. Serving and feeding patients who can not feed themselves
3. Attending to patients calls and need for assistance
4. Checking and recording patients’ vital signs such as taking blood pressure, temperature, and pulse
5. Doing electrocardiograms (EKG)
6. Collecting blood from patients
7. Helping patients in and out of wheelchair
8. Helping patients in and out of bed
PCTs work under the supervision of doctors and nurses. They must be compassionate and able to provide emotional support to patients.
How to Become a Patient Care Technician:
If you want to become a patient care tech, you should start by getting your high school diploma or GED. You then need to attend a school that has patient care technician program. Such a program will last about 3 to 6 months. You will take classes in things like:
a. Medical Terminology
b. Medical Office Safety
c. Introduction to Vital Signs
d. Basics of Patient Cleanliness
e. First Aid Procedure
f. Identification of Diseases
g. Identification of Injuries
When you complete your training, there are a number of places you can work at. Examples are:
2. Nursing Homes
3. Rehabilitation Centers
4. Assisted Living Facilities
5. Hospice Centers
Patient Care Technician Salary:
PCTs make $29,000 per year on the average. Some make as much as $39,000 per year. This is not bad for a career training that only takes 3 to 6 months to complete.
Patient care Technician School:
If you are looking for the school to become a patient care tech, we have the school for you. Everest University offers a program that qualifies one to become one. You have nothing to lose if you check them out.
You can do so by requesting for their free no obligation information through this link.
Patient Care Technician
Medical Assistants Schools and Careers